Debra here with my March post. It’s one of my favorite times of the year. The Spring Coffee Lovers Blog Hop runs from March 24 – March 31 so I chose my post to coincide with that. I love coffee and coffee cups and coffee cards and coffee washi — well, you get the picture !! Skipping Stones Design has some fun coffee sets and I used a few in my card for you today. The theme for the Blog Hop is Spring so I went wild with the Spring colors and papers. I will be linking this card up to the Hop.
- On a turquoise card base, I adhered a piece of pink-patterned paper from We R Memory Keepers “Flower Girl” 6×6 paper pad. I stamped the bird image from Heartsong 2 on the bottom right of the pink paper. Memories India Black Ink was used on all stamped images.
- I stamped the coffee cup twice, once on white cardstock and again on a floral patterned paper from American Crafts “Project Life -Desktop Edition” paper pad . The cup and sleeve were then cut out and the sleeve adhered to the cup image.
- Portions of the bird and the top of the cup were colored with Tim Holtz Distress Markers & Faber Castell PITT Artist Pens and a shimmer was added to those areas with a Wink of Stella Glitter Brush Pen .
- I adhered the cup next to the bird, then stamped the musical notes above the cup as the steam coming from my lovely hot cup of coffee. The sentiment “You’re Tweet” was stamped on a piece of white cardstock and then cut out. Both the notes and sentiment are from Best of Birds .
- The heart was punched out of a piece of green patterned paper from the Pink Paislee “Memorandum” 6×6 paper pad and adhered above the bird. The sentiment was adhered on top of the heart.
- To finish off the card, I placed a piece of pink scalloped decorative tape by Hazel & Ruby along the top edge .
I sat down to make this card with absolutely NO idea except that I wanted Spring and coffee reflected in the design. I am pretty pleased with myself. I really do love how it turned out !! I hope you are inspired to make a Spring card or even to just make a cup of coffee !! I will see you again next month.. Thank you for visiting the Skipping Stones Design Blog.