Last year after the holidays, a friend of mine found washi on sale for $2.50 a tube ( 8 rolls in each tube ). If any of you are as washi-obsessed as I am, you know how excited I was to hear this. So, I really felt like I finally needed to try to use some of that washi and decided on a tag. I am also doing a tag swap with a group of friends, so TAGS were on my mind. This washi set with the black and red really caught my eye. I love to use non-traditional colors / color combos for the holidays. And RED is my favorite color !! I really like the red/black together ..
- For this project, I used the Stamp set Christmas Song. ( it will be back in stock soon at the SSD store. )
- I stamped the Tree at the bottom R corner of a Prima tag and the ornament at the top L using Memories India Black ink .
- Coordinating pieces of washi were adhered along the sides of the tag , using different lengths.
- A piece of plaid washi was adhered across the top of the tag.
- Maya Road Baker’s Twine in Christmas was tied across the top of the tag.
- Holiday colored sequins in different sizes were sprinkled around the tag.
- Ribbons were tied at the top to finish the project.
Thank you for stopping by. I hope that my tag inspires you to get in the holiday mood a bit early and start on those projects !! My teammate Ginny will be posting tomorrow so be sure to stop back by and see what she has created for you !! We will have a fun month of projects for you ..