Hi everyone! Wendy here with a quick tutorial on creating handmade paperweights using your favorite Skipping Stones Design stamps.
You will need a large flat rock, paint, permanent black ink, Skipping Stones Design stamps, tissue paper, Mod Podge, paintbrush, Glossy Accents, varnish and cork.
1. Paint your rock with acrylic paint or spray paint.
2. Stamp your image onto the rock with permanent ink. I have an easier time “sticking” the stamp to my fingers instead of a stamp block if the rock surface is curved.
3. Using watercolors or paints, color in the design and background of the rock.
4. I only wanted to use part of a stamp sentiment. Rather than cut the stamp, I stamped it on tissue paper and cut out the words I wanted. Next I mod podged it to the rock.
5. Coat the entire piece with varnish. Allow to dry.
6. To make the butterfly “pop” off the rock, I added a layer of Glossy Accents to the butterfly.
7. Adhere cork to the bottom of the rock to protect your desk.
My desk is directly in front of a window air conditioner unit and I am always grabbing papers as they are blown off my desk. I can’t wait to use this pretty paperweight!