Feathers are all the rage right now in papercrafting and today I’m going to show you how you can create your own feathers from paper.
Supplies Needed: Paper, stamps (Skipping Stones Design Timeless Textures), wire and adhesive
1. To begin with, you will need two pieces of paper. I like to work with a thin cardstock, but copy paper will also work.
2. Lightly sketch a feather on one of the pieces of paper. This will be the back of your feather.
3. Stamp on the other piece of cardstock.
4. Glue the two pieces of cardstock together, sandwiching a piece of wire down the middle. Wet adhesive and glue sticks work great.
5. Trim thin slits on an angle down to the center of the feather. The thinner the slits the more the feather barbs will curl and look realistic.
6. Continue trimming on both sides of the feather’s center.
And thats all there is to creating paper feathers!