Have you ever needed a last minute gift bag and don’t really want to go out and buy one? I know I have. I’m going to show you today how you can whip up a gift bag with two 8.5″x11″ pieces of card stock and just a few other items. I’ve used the Cheers stamp set for my decorative elements.
What you’ll need is:
- 2 pieces of 8.5″x11″ card stock
- strong adhesive
- a scoring tool of some sort
- some ribbon
- a hole punch
- stamps, punches, etc. to decorate with
1. Score both sheets of cards stock at an equal distance in from three of the sides. In my case, I scored 1.5 inches in from both short sides and one long side.
2. Clip one side of the ‘squares’ that have been created. Fold the newly created tabs and all sides into the centre. Do this for both sheets of card stock.
3. Adhere the tabs to the flap and slide one section inside the other, wrong sides facing towards each other. I find it easiest to put the adhesive on before sliding them together.
4. Punch two holes in the top edge. Thread ribbon through and tie the ends into knots.
5. Decorate to your hearts content!
Hope you’ve found this helpful. If you are wondering…. yes, my craft space is usually that messy.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day,
Celebrate gift box
Stamps: Skipping Stones Cheers
Paper: A Muse Studio Chevron paper, white and black card stock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Rhubarb
Accessories: Copic markers, Wavy Edge blade for Marvy Trimming Buddy, ribbon, EK Success punches – 1.75″ circle and 2″ scallop, baker’s twine, hole punch, ScorPal