it’s Tanja here and although the Skipping Stones Design Blog has been taking a time out in December, I still wanted to share this Christmas Card with you. I created it with a non-Christmas image – the beautiful butterfly from the Skipping Stones Design Let it be stamp set:
- cut a circle from Neenah Desert Storm Kraft cardstock with the help of one of the Tattered Lace Torn Edge Circle dies
- stamp one of the butterflies from the Skipping Stones Design Let it be set with Memento (Rich Cocoa) onto the circle
- color the image with Delta and Touch Twin Brush Markers
- ink up the edges of the circle with Altenew Crisp Ink (Evening Gray) and a Mini Ink Blending Tool
- add splatters with Finetec Mica watercolors (Tibet Gold)
- cover the entire stitched background panel with the Hero Arts Designer Woodgrain stamp and Avery Elle Pigment Ink (Kraft)
- stamp the “Christmas!” sentiment from the Skipping Stones Design Holiday Cats set with Versamark onto a strip of Neenah Desert Storm Kraft cardstock and heat-emboss it with WOW! Bright White Super Fine embossing powder
- add stitching to the sentiment strip with one of the Lawn Fawn Stitched Borders dies
- cut out the Memory Box Small Blooming Poinsettia from sturdy white cardstock and color the elements with the same red and green markers used on the butterfly
- add a little pearl to the center of the flower
- cut out the Clearly Besotted Stamps Merry from white glitter cardstock and color it with the darkest green marker used on the butterfly
- add a strip of gold glitter tape to the right side of the cardbase before adhering the panel and all the elements
If you want to share your SSD creations with us on social media, use #skippingstonesdesign and if you upload to Splitcoaststampers use the key words SSD and skippingstonedesign.
Thanks for stopping by.