Hello crafty friends, Martha Lucia here to share with you a card that I made using a fun and beautiful stamp set called Birthday Purses from Skipping Stones. I don’t know if this happens to you, but sometimes I see some stamp sets that I feel the need to have, but then I don’t know how to use them, and this is one of these. Take a look at my card:
In my real life I am addicted to purses, shoes and die cuts, so this card is a great combination of all my passions, don’t you think?
- I created the base card with watermelon wonder card stock. The size is 4-1/4″x11″ with score in 5-1/2″.
- Then I stamped the images of two of the purses included on the stamp set Birthday Purses over designer paper using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and fussy cut them with my scissors. To create a contrast over one of these, I colored the handles with a brown copic marker.
- I took a piece of Very Vanilla card stock and I arranged the purses on the lower part of this.
- I cut the die cut Heart Balloons from Die Versions using my new favorite metallic foil paper. It is RINEA Metallic paper and it is amazing because the color is on both sides and the material is more solid than other metals. You can use it with punches, die cuts or electronic machines. I used the copper color and I love how the heart balloons from Die Versions turned out.
- After cutting the heart balloons, I pasted them on top of the vanilla layer using Imagine On Point Glue.
- Using my MISTI (HLL & SS) , I stamped two of the sentiments included on the stamp set Birthday Purses using Versafine Vintage Sephia.
- I pasted the the purses with dimensionals and voila, my card is ready!
On this card I combined not only my personal passions, but also three different materials: card stock, designer or decorated paper and metal foil. Easy and fun!
I hope my project inspires you to no be afraid to mix colors and textures in one creation, just keep in mind the balance of the things. Have a great day and celebrate Birthday purses with metallic heart balloons.
See you soon!